Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Post from Phil about Larry Smith

I’ve included the poem (italicized below) I received from Larry Smith; could you post it the blog (I asked him, of course, and he was happy for us to do so).

Here’s a link to the sitting group Larry is involved with: Converging Paths Sandusky Bay Meditation Center

And a link to the Amazon page for Larry’s The Kanshi Poems of Taigu Ryokan

Maybe you could post this too?

Thanks,

-P

Here's a morning poem...which might set the tone of my talk in Toledo this summer, so you know me.

Reclaiming the Sacred
“To me, poetry is being here with you.”
-Ko Un (Korean poet)

Again and again we sit
along the edge of day
in solitude together…
Listening to all
that’s not being said:
mute heart’s song of silence,
soft breath of wind inside us.
-Larry

Larry Smith
BGSU Firelands College

1 comment:

Karen Do'on Weik said...

Gassho Larry
We look forward to having you